About Beauty Pageants

Beauty pageants are something that I've been watching ever since it was available on TV. My favourite is always Miss Universe. And especially now, after the Donald Trump takeover, you can be assured that the winners are always earthly goddesses. How can The Donald accept any less?

After many years of debt, I read somewhere that Donald gave the direction that the winner must be supermodel material. I agree with him.

Remembering past winners, however, my absolute favourite winner was Miss World, Astrid Herrera from Venezuela, 1984. She was gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. If I ever have a daughter, her name will be Astrid. It means "God's strength".



Being a beauty queen is almost every real girl's dream. I used to cut and keep photos of the winners that were published in the newspapers. Alas, I don't have the qualities to be a beauty queen. Otherwise, my life would have been different.

For this year's Miss Universe contestants, click on this:

http://www.nbc.com/miss-universe/video/episodes/#vid=1146665

Comments

Popular Posts