Persistence -- it's not a fruit

The future is the world wide web. The present is understanding it.





I have started doing online marketing for several months. Sometimes, I am at a loss. But when I manage to get something online (like this blog for instance), I am so happy. Yes, pat myself for my little achievements. You know, for some people, that's so hard.

But there's still the mother constantly questioning me if I am making any money. I become a little pressure cooker cos little me is not making any bucks online, not generating lots of email lists. I am afraid to send emails to present friends and customers as they might not appreciate me marketing my other own little personal business to them.

In the past 1-2 weeks, the biggest message that kept coming to me was to be "persistent." It's that little "don't give up" attitude that could make or break you. Often, for the ignorant, they just miss success by mere minutes. But "business people" always advise that we know when to "cut our losses." And that is something I don't know how to judge yet.

I don't recall where I read the message. I know one of it was from the audio tape I received from Anthony Robbin's email. And so, I was checking out my online marketing commissions report -- there weren't any commissions. I was just thinking to quit as it wasn't generating any income. Instead, I have to keep paying advertising fees -- with money that I don't even have. A funny thing happened when I opened the report. The day before, I had 6 times more people click on my link than normal (and normal is not a lot -- sometimes it's ZERO). I didn't do anything different.

And so I thought, wow, let the ad run a few more days. And just half an hour ago, I received an email informing me that someone has just made a purchase... YIPPEEEEEEEE. Thank you God. I know you will look after me.

Next Week: more on why the word "Persistence" means so much to me.


Comments

Popular Posts