Women With Power -- not Powder

What is it with women who have power? They go crazy. They become CRAZY.

Why? Why? Why?

I am a woman. I get scared when I meet these crazy-for-power women.

What is power after all? Power is an illusion which is given to oneself. Others may give it to you. Or you may think you have it -- or not.

Most often, it comes with money and some kind of man-made title.

There's a woman who claims to be a famous, international author, so she deserves to be treated right.
"How dare you put so much chilli into my Ma-Lat steamboat? Do you want to kill me?"

There's a woman who thought she was Tyra Banks, so all other women who are prettier than her should not steal her limelight. (She is not Tyra Banks)
"Fire her!"

There's a woman who thinks that the company, her female department GM and the female COO she works for deserve their nicknames of goddesses: Kwan Yin etc. So, she sends us decrees from her gods to us poor mortals:
"My COO says you have to sponsor our sales party. We want RM2000 cash."

There's a woman I have not met with personally, but she is married to the most powerful man in the country. She is notoriously rumoured to be the real power behind the power.
"Er....blow her up?"

I think it's ok to be powerful. Be powerful in your own life. Have control of your life.

Be powerful means not to be afraid, not to be intimidated, not to be timid.

Be powerful doesn't mean to angle your eyes and nose upwards. " Er...watch out for the hooooo...ohh...ole...!"

Be powerful doesn't mean to look down. "Er.... watch out for the bra........ahhh....anch....!"

Be powerful doesn't mean you have to treat people unkindly. Or lie.

I could go on and on, but I would rather powder my oily nose at this point.

Comments

Popular Posts